The Ruptured Sky is linked to the Canadian Curriculum for Grades 5-10 Social Studies, English, Language, ESL/ELL, Native Studies, and World History. It can also be used as a digital literacy tool.
Students will gain a greater understanding and appreciation for the roles First Nations played during the War of 1812 exploring themes such as:
- Aboriginal Worldviews
- War of 1812 Timelines and Key People
- Mapping Lands, Borders and Battles
- The Role of Women
- Historical Biographies of the Métis
- They Fought For Us: Will You Fight For Them?
- Aboriginal Peoples in the War of 1812, the First and Second World Wars.
Some of the teaching tools and resources featured in The Ruptured Sky include:
- In-depth Teacher’s Guide
- Curriculum-based lesson plans linking to the graphic novel and interactive experience
- Black Line Masters
- Rubrics and Evaluation Tools
- In-Class Activities
- Background information on the War of 1812
- Timeline of Key Events
- Teacher Resource Section
- Pronunciation Guide